Monday 17 June 2013

Round 2 Starts...

Hello hello,

So I've started my second round of treatment. He did treat the back of my left shoulder in the end and I felt happy about that decision because now we will hopefully be stabilising it all round.

I managed to get around the lying on my front problem! They had a U shaped cushion there and I lay with head on that, so I didn't have to have my neck cricked right over to one side. Just enough to ram the Gas & Air tube in my mouth! So the lying down part wasn't as uncomfortable as it could have been.

To be honest I did find this treatment really tough! It went on for longer which made it more difficult to bear, I was biting down on the Gas & Air tube so hard! Perhaps because there was a slightly larger area that needed to be injected with it being the back of the shoulder so it took more time. He told me afterwards exactly where he had done the Prolotherapy. It was kind of in an upside down Y shape I guess that's the shape of the ligaments in that area.



This is the area that was injected


I might ask if I can can have a little extra anaesthetic next time! I'm not sure if I'm able to have any more or if that's just the maximum they're allowed to give but it's worth asking.

Wow 2 weeks have gone quickly! I can't believe I'm due back to do it all again tomorrow, at least I'll have two out of three under my belt. I've got a pile of new DVD's to watch while I'm resting tomorrow though, courtesy of my friend Lucy - thanks for that! ;)

 
Katie x

No comments:

Post a Comment